By Paul McFedries
Covers the latest model of WHS!
This is the main accomplished, sensible, and worthy consultant to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply conceal all aspects of working home windows domestic Server: He exhibits find out how to use it to simplify every thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to security.
With real-world examples, McFedries courses you thru utilizing new positive aspects starting from the Dashboard and Launchpad to distant net entry and Alert Viewer. You’ll locate community configurations and step by step options you could simply comprehend and use, whether you don't have any server event. Then, while you’re prepared, McFedries unearths how domestic Server’s hidden business-class positive factors may help store extra time and get even larger functionality.
Packed with unique advice and tips, this go-to advisor might help you each step of the way...as you create a house community that does extra and runs perfectly!
- Quickly arrange networks, person money owed, units, and storage
- Add any desktop in your community: home windows 7, Vista, XP, Mac, or Linux
- Efficiently percentage folders, documents, and electronic media
- Set up passwords and clients and safeguard your delicate information
- Reliably automate backups, so that you by no means lose an incredible file
- Centrally deal with your entire garage, so that you by no means need to purchase greater than you need
- Stream and percentage your electronic photographs, audio, and video--even in your Xbox 360 or different devices
- Use domestic Server’s integrated net server to create robust, versatile websites
- Use home windows SharePoint starting place to assist everybody coordinate their busy lives
- Automatically follow updated safety fixes to all of your home windows computers
- Remotely entry your content material from any Internet-connected computer–safely and securely
- Use domestic Server strength instruments, together with neighborhood crew coverage Editor, desktop administration snap-ins, and scripting
- Efficiently computer screen, preserve, track, and troubleshoot home windows domestic Server
Read or Download Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 unleashed PDF
Best client-server systems books
Microsoft's web info Server 6 is an online server software that works with the home windows Server 2003 working process. IIS is Microsoft's solution within the net server industry to Apache, the open resource and number one net server in use. within the US nine. 7 million servers run IIS (28 percentage of the marketplace) powering five.
Dive deep into the structure of alternate internet Services--and grasp the intricacies for getting access to information with the recent, unifying API. alternate net prone deals new performance, exchanging previous, disparate APIs. Written by means of participants of the Microsoft trade Server 2007 and trade net providers product groups at Microsoft, this useful advisor introduces builders to interchange net prone.
I am am an IT Server Admin. i purchased this ebook to organize for the 70-646 Exam.
It's an "ok" e-book yet it isn't ordered rather well. dealing with the lab routines you can find that they're simply out of order. it could actually hav been much better in the event that they might have replaced the order of the chapters.
If you have got an outstanding realizing of what home windows Servers can do and event, then this booklet should still give you the results you want, when you are thoroughly new to home windows servers, i would not use this ebook.
As disbursed desktops develop into extra pervasive, there's a want for a publication that explains how their working platforms are designed and carried out. This ebook, that is a revised and accelerated half II of the simplest promoting sleek working platforms, fulfills that want. KEY themes: It covers the fabric from the unique ebook, together with communique, synchronization, procedures and dossier structures, and provides new fabric on dispensed shared reminiscence.
- Programming Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Inside Out: Connectivity, Clients, and UM
- Programming Windows Server 2003
- Building Client/Server Applications Under VB .NET: An Example-Driven Approach
Extra resources for Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 unleashed
So it’s not surprising that Windows Home Server 2011 comes with support for homegroups baked in. If you already have a Windows 7 homegroup on your network, follow these steps to join Windows Home Server to the homegroup: 14 CHAPTER 1 Setting Up Your Windows Home Server Network 1. Open the Dashboard. 2. Click Server Settings. 3. Click the HomeGroup tab. 4. Click Join Now. Windows Home Server prompts you to enter the homegroup password. 5. Type the password and then click Join Now. Viewing the Windows Home Server Network With your Windows Home Server networking tweaks done, you can now check to make sure that the rest of the network can see the server: .
3. 0. For example, if the router address is Handling Multiple Network Subnets 25 Assuming you’ve already configured your Windows Home Server with a static IP address, as I described earlier, follow these steps to adjust the subnet mask: 1. Log on to Windows Home Server either locally or by using a Remote Desktop connection. ) 2. Select Start, type network, and then click View Network Connections to open the Network Connections window. TIP You can also click the network icon in the notification area, click Open Network and Sharing Center, and then click Change Adapter Settings.
Get the latest driver—Check with the manufacturer of the NIC to see whether it has newer Windows Home Server or Windows Server 2008 64-bit drivers for the card. If so, download and install them, as described in the section after next. Viewing the NIC in Device Manager Windows Home Server stores all its hardware data in the Registry, but it provides Device Manager to give you a graphical view of the devices on your system. To display Device Manager, log on to Windows Home Server, click Start, right-click Computer, click Manage in the shortcut menu, click Diagnostics, and then click Device Manager.