The problem with bookstores

Posted by me on Thursday, the 8th day of November, anno domini 2007 at 9:58 PM, local time.

Another quote from iGoogle’s quote-a-day:

Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
  - Henry Ward Beecher

I’m thinking that even these quotes must be given to people based on Google’s huge database of knowledge of everyone’s habits and behaviors? ‘Cause I sure do seem to get a lot of quotes about how I buy too many books. I mean, seriously, I feel bad enough already. Ah well.

Maybe I should go buy a book to make myself feel better?

(A few hours later…)

Now that I’ve done that, I do feel much better. Hopefully, I will get to read the books I have bought soon and can comment on them. They are both things I have not seen before, and I am quite excited that they might both be rather good. Only time will tell!

Tags: , ,

igoogle

7 Comments»

1. Darcy said,

November 9, 2007 at 6:45 am

You’ve got a lot of books. Good luck on reading them all!

2. me said,

November 9, 2007 at 9:37 am

Et tu, Darcy?

But thanks, I’ll try.

3. Darcy said,

November 9, 2007 at 12:39 pm

I had a project to read all the books I own a few years ago (fiction only). It was a long undertaking. I am mostly done with that. But I don’t have even close to the mountain of books that you own.

4. me

me
    said,

November 9, 2007 at 1:07 pm

That’s cool. Yeah, at one time I had hoped I would eventually get to read them all, and I still have them separated by whether I have read them or not, and I’m closer than you might think to succeeding at reading them all for fiction (maybe 150 to go or so), but I’m not quite as worried about doing that anymore. If I don’t get to them, so be it. I’d rather read awesome books several times over and over than books that might not be as good.

5. Barbara

Barbara
    said,

September 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I know, right? My girlfriend got up early yetresday so she could go pick up her copy of both Juno and Lars and the Real Girl before work.

6. broker life insurance said,

November 17, 2014 at 11:26 am

Free knowledge like this doesn’t just help, it promote democracy. Thank you.

7. Dived said,

October 22, 2015 at 9:19 am

Dear 宥緁:Thank you for purchasing my book and sirhang my book with your friends whom you think are ready.English is the easiest language. All you need is to practice more and put yourself in an English environment. This is one of the purposes of this blog. We need to learn English so we can get the info from the source and not to be screened or interpreted by some gatekeeper. You will feel empowered by engaging with the world’s best minds. Taiwan is really behind on advanced thinking, intellectual contents and diversity. We shall meet again,Ping